Almost one week full time, so do I have any great revelations. Did the heavens part and was the secret of femininity bestowed upon me. Nothing so dramatic, I think the week would be best summed up in a free association list of experiences:
- entering a shoe store with "J" to buy some much need flats, "how may I help you ladies today" from the manager (who I had bought shoes from in male mode in the not too distant past) YEAH!
- dropped off TV show on a hard drive at studio, receptionist didn't recognize me. I chickened out and didn't speak to editor and studio head.
- knowing look from lady on the street (was I read), driver in passing car took a photo?…of the tranny?
- interacted with teenage girl on the till at another shoe store and with a guy at the hardware store. Neither seemed to read me, though I did have my sunglasses on.
-stopped by my father's church (yep he is a Rev.) for a chat, first time he had seen April "live". Told I am too tall and my hair needs to be longer….I am working on changing the later. Sorry not meaning to be harsh he was very nice.
- girls calling me DADDY repeatedly and loudly in Halloween store , "J" came up with the moniker Dee Dee ton use by the girls when we are out.
- mom called me April
- won't be going to Thanksgiving dinner at brother in laws with rest of 'J's" family.
- first conference call as April. My boss never miss gendered me or used the wrong name.
- official work e-mail changed to April
- first client proposal sent out under my name.
- answered phone at least twice using male name…Doh!
- while pulled over to talk on the phone, guy asks me about the Buick Electra
-witness to a drunk driving incident, identified my self as April, had to provide a written statement. female officer was taller than me…by quite a bit.
- walked children to school every day this week
- getting used to spending a lot more time (not unexpectedly of course) to get ready in the morning.
- do I feel any different, not really just feel like myself…that's good right?
Here is the Grace Change with the greatest version ever of I Want you To Be My Baby, try and not dance to this!